Preparing for the CPHQ Exam
HQCC recommends you review the preparation resources when considering preparation materials. Study programs should be based on individual needs, but most candidates with healthcare quality experience should plan to spend 6 weeks to 3 months in preparation. CPHQ preparation materials are offered to support a variety of learning styles including live courses; online education; practice exams; and books to help prepare those planning to sit for the CPHQ certification exam.
NAHQ has developed a suite of products designed specifically to aid healthcare quality professionals in preparing for the CPHQ exam.
NAHQ's suite of prep products include
- Q Solutions: Essential Resource for the Healthcare Quality Professional, 3rd Edition
- CPHQ Review Course
- CPHQ Practice Exam
The CPHQ test development team uses a number of resources to develop exam content. This list of external resources can help you prepare for the CPHQ exam.
- The Healthcare Quality Handbook: A Professional Resource and Study Guide, Janet Brown.
- Facilitation at a Glance: Your Pocket Guide to Facilitation, 2nd Edition, Ingrid Bens (2008).
- Measuring Quality Improvement in Healthcare: A Guide to Statistical Process Control Applications, Raymond G. Carey (2001).
- Preventing Medication Errors, Institute of Medicine (2007).
- The Six Sigma Way Team Fieldbook, Peter Pande, Robert Neuman, & Roland Cavanagh (2002).
- Understanding Patient Safety, Robert Wachte (2008).
- Improving Healthcare Using Toyota Lean Production Methods. Robert Chalice (2007).
- The Quality Toolbox, Nancy Tague (2005).
- Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook, Michael George, David Rowlans, Mark Price, & John Maxey (2005).
- The Memory Jogger 2, 2nd Edition. Michael Brassard (2010).
- Quality Chasm Series: Patient Safety - Achieving a New Standard for Care, Institute of Medicine (2004).
- The Team Handbook, 3rd Edition, Peter Scholtes, Brian Joiner, & Barbara Streibel (2004).
- The Lean Enterprises Memory Jogger, Richard L. Macinnes (2003).